How often do we say that we want to be wise? How often do we feel that we are not wise enough? Are we foolish then? Can we conclude then that we are wise? Where does wisdom come from and where is it going? If it is going anywhere, can we catch up with it? And if it is coming from somewhere, can we wait for it, or can we go back towards it?
Every time I try to be wise, I only discover how foolish I am. I keep wrestling myself to be wiser but I only become more foolish in my own eyes. No one can cheat me that they are sure of their wisdom. Even when others tell you that you are wise, you only feel flattery. The point is that you have never known how wise you are; neither are you close to such knowledge. It is never kind to call someone foolish, though. In fact, it is insulting to call someone foolish. Folly meaningless, wisdom doesn’t count.
Let us be real. Are we wise? Is wisdom part of our nature? I doubt. It is something we seek. It is something we run after. It keeps running away from us as we continue to pursue. Sometime our pursuit is only vainglorious. We try our best to be wise. We study to get more wisdom. The truth is that when we go to school, we are only looking for knowledge but not exactly anything closer to wisdom. Wisdom can not be found in books, but you can only read about it in those books. It is not embedded in materials.
May be it is good to ask whether wisdom can be taught. Many have claimed so. But is it true? Can you teach wisdom, or about wisdom? If yes, in which way? Who can be better placed to teach wisdom. I don’t know who can. May be in my small struggle to be wise, I will get to know who can teach it. When I get to know that, I will be there to get the lessons.
Wisdom is a spiritual value. It is awarded, not earned. It comes from God. It is value that is only in God. That is the right place to find wisdom. The knowledge of God is wisdom. However, it is not easy to attain it. It requires more than surrender, surrender is what it asks for but, it is not easy to surrender either. It is expensive to surrender. It asks for humility, but this too is hard to achieve. It is not cheap either. It asks for simplicity which is another hard thing to choose. Simplicity, like wisdom is a gift. You can’t buy it in any shop. It comes from the inner us. It precedes surrender. When you have it you can surrender. But getting there is not easy.
The best way to seek wisdom is to seek God. We need God in everything and in all ways. Outside God no amount of wisdom counts, no folly is countable.
Every time I try to be wise, I only discover how foolish I am. I keep wrestling myself to be wiser but I only become more foolish in my own eyes. No one can cheat me that they are sure of their wisdom. Even when others tell you that you are wise, you only feel flattery. The point is that you have never known how wise you are; neither are you close to such knowledge. It is never kind to call someone foolish, though. In fact, it is insulting to call someone foolish. Folly meaningless, wisdom doesn’t count.
Let us be real. Are we wise? Is wisdom part of our nature? I doubt. It is something we seek. It is something we run after. It keeps running away from us as we continue to pursue. Sometime our pursuit is only vainglorious. We try our best to be wise. We study to get more wisdom. The truth is that when we go to school, we are only looking for knowledge but not exactly anything closer to wisdom. Wisdom can not be found in books, but you can only read about it in those books. It is not embedded in materials.
May be it is good to ask whether wisdom can be taught. Many have claimed so. But is it true? Can you teach wisdom, or about wisdom? If yes, in which way? Who can be better placed to teach wisdom. I don’t know who can. May be in my small struggle to be wise, I will get to know who can teach it. When I get to know that, I will be there to get the lessons.
Wisdom is a spiritual value. It is awarded, not earned. It comes from God. It is value that is only in God. That is the right place to find wisdom. The knowledge of God is wisdom. However, it is not easy to attain it. It requires more than surrender, surrender is what it asks for but, it is not easy to surrender either. It is expensive to surrender. It asks for humility, but this too is hard to achieve. It is not cheap either. It asks for simplicity which is another hard thing to choose. Simplicity, like wisdom is a gift. You can’t buy it in any shop. It comes from the inner us. It precedes surrender. When you have it you can surrender. But getting there is not easy.
The best way to seek wisdom is to seek God. We need God in everything and in all ways. Outside God no amount of wisdom counts, no folly is countable.
No comments:
Post a Comment